Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cyclocross is go!

Cyclocross season is well underway. Last week was filled with early season preparations. Tuesday I went to Manhattan to teach a cross clinic with Stamper. The turnout was good; there were about as many girls are guys!

Wednesday I rode north of Lawrence to meet with a local landowner who started cycling as a way to get in shape. He's in the process of turning a pasture into a 'cross course and wanted some input.
When I arrived up he already had barriers constructed and the course flagged. The course he designed rode really well — didn't need much help from me. The course is open to the public Wednesday afternoons for impromptu show and go racing. Contact me for details...

This weekend marked my second race of the season and Stamper and Waller's first. Waller joined me at Boss Cross #2 for 45 minutes of pain and suffering. Jeremy Haynes, Joe Fox and the Cycle City Crew always put together a challenging course and a great event.

Waller climbing
Me on a descent


No comments:

Post a Comment